Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to Serenity

Here you are going to get random ramblings, rants, and recipies. I am a 30yr old mom of four and I have always love to write. My writings will never make complete sense to you but they do to me. I started this blog last year and kinda failed to keep it updated but I have decided to try again.

A little about me and Serenity~
Serenity is my farm in Northern Arizona. My four kids and I work the farm daily and my dear husband works in Phoenix 3 days a week and is here on the farm for extended weekends. We are hoping one day that the farm will be able to support us so that he doesn't have to drive down to the valley anymore. We have only been here on the farm for 4 years.
We moved here for many different reasons the most important was my children. My husband and I had always wanted to live rural and raise animals and a garden, to learn to can and put away food. To learn live a self sufficient life and I wanted to teach those values to my children. We had been praying and looking for property since we had gotten married in 2001 and realized land prices were rising fast. In 2006 we started going to see different properties, I was pregnant with #3 at the time. In Nov we came and saw this property, it was by no means what I had pictured in my dreams, there was no pine trees or green medows but the veiw I had was amazing. In March of 2007 we sold our house in the valley and started the process of moving to/setting up Serenity.
We live off grid with solar, hoping to add wind one day. We have raised goats since Feb 2008 and we also had laying hens and ducks. Unfortunately for the poultry they are no longer with us, we will be doing the hens again but not just yet. I make my own soap from goats milk and I will never use another bar of store soap if I can help it. We homeschool our children, each one has their own learning style so this is a challenge for me. Our life here is so much more busy then our city life but its also so much more fufilling. We were surprised by baby #4 which came in 2009, she is now 2 and such a farm baby. I miss my city life in some ways, mostly because of the family and friends we left down there but I wouldn't change my life in any way. I hope that my experiments here teach you or help you in your life .

God Bless.

Here is a veiw of my sunset, Gods beauty!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! How did you even find mine?! LOL. I didn't know you had one either. Too funny. I just set mine up last night. I think it is going to be a much easier way to share recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete