Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whats on your dinner menu??

In the last two weeks I started to really watch/log what I eat, for a few years now I have been trying to loose weight and will loose alot in the summer but gain it and more back every winter. I hate the idea of diets and I will not jump onto random diets as I believe they do more harm then good. As I started my food journal last week I discovered the reason why I am not loosing weight---my body thinks its starving. I eat with my kids and we eat healthy but I am not consuming enough calories for my body to start burning the fat. I did an few differnet online calorie calculators and found an awesome program for my cell and they all tell me in order to loose weight I need to consume 2400 calories in a day. I was only barely hitting 1500 and that wasn't being picky. Summer time brings less meat for us (we grow a ton of fresh veggies) so I am trying to learn how to add more protien to my diet with out meat. Obviously I do beans (going to try black bean burgers soon), but I don't like meat substitutes so this is harder then I thought. I am thinking our fish consumption is going to increase a bit too

Tonight for dinner the kids and I are having hamburgers and baked potatoes (their request) and I will probably steam the rest of my fresh brocoli. Wednesday night is going to be Salmon Patties per my husbands request, however if it rains I may change it to a soup of some sort.

I really need to start gathering more recipies for me to try, with the garden producing soon I want to experiment in the kitchen.


1 comment:

  1. Burgers sound perfect for this weather. That's on the menu for tomorrow night. I don't even remember the last time we grilled burgers here, so I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete