Thursday, July 4, 2013

Weeding and Planting

Today I spent the morning weeding.

I despise weeds!!! Not all weeds, just the nasty ones.

Mostly TUMBLEWEEDS!!! 

Why do they exist?? What is their purpose? Other then to stab me when trying to plant peas??

That is what I did today. Stab the crap out of my fingertips and plant peas. 
Snow and Snap peas, yummy!!
 We had some planted from the spring but they didn't produce much and something tunneled underneath them. 

I then built a trellis for my one pickling cucumber vine that made it. I kept scratching myself with the chicken wire so I decided to use some old wire shelves I had. I have plenty of it left for the peas when they are ready. 

I can't wait for the garden to start producing food.

Onions are starting to fall over and random potatoes are drying up. Squash are coming and hopefully tomatoes are soon to follow.

Here are some photos from Saturday.


Eight Ball (Green Round Zucchini)

One Ball (Yellow Round Zucchini)
Green Patty Pan
Hale's Best Cantaloupe


No comments:

Post a Comment