Saturday, July 6, 2013

Where is the Rain?

I know I live in the desert but this is a bit depressing!!!

Normally by this time in July we have had multiple monsoon storms but this year.....
NADA!!!

This year is my sixth summer living out here and every year is always a tad bit different, but this is crazy.

This summer we have already had it above 100 degrees multiple times (which never happens till August) and now we are barley getting sprinkles of rain too. You know the "rain" that is just enough to wet the air and make you shut the windows but once you get that last one down it's done and the dirt is still dry.

It's kind of a bummer.

It wouldn't be a big deal but IT IS MESSING WITH MY CAMPING plans!!!!

Every year my in-laws gather together for a camping trip. Some family members travel great distances to make it. We rent a group camping site where we all set up a ton of tents and we each taking turns cooking for the group and playing games.

We love it!

Seriously!!

We love it no matter how it turns out, I mean we have had some years where we have had to change lakes, had flooded campsites or leaking tents, missing shoes or jackets. Those things just make it more interesting in my opinion. The part that is driving us all a bit nuts is the no campfires.

The sad part is every year the weekend after we have our big event the forest rangers open the fire pits for the season. This has happened  to us the last two years.

We took that as a sign to move our dates a week later this year and now it is even drier and hotter with the rain just teasing us.

It's not a big deal but I am really wanting a campfire.

I miss watching all the kids roast marshmallows or my nieces do "camping theater" as we all sit by the fire. Its just so fun and that smell of the fire just makes it even better!!

The last time we had a fire Baby Girl was only a few months old, she is now a little sassy four year old that is wanting to make s'mores with Grandma and the cousins.

So here is my  plea for it to rain as much as possible BEFORE we go camping next week. I seriously doubt its going to work but hey this girl has got to try!!


Now I am off to enjoy another rain-less night with my loving husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment