Monday, September 16, 2013

2nd Annual Living and Active Challenge

 Peak313 has done it again!!

Last year at this time Clare created Living and Active, a challenge for our Spiritual and Physical Fitness together along with our Accountability and she has brought it back starting today.

I am the worst person to stick to a fitness program unless I have people holding me accountable so with the help of my lovely Facebook group I know I can do this. 

Last year I quit early because my ankle which I had sprained early in the year. It started to really hurt causing me to favor it and hurt the other one. Not the best results but I am fine now and I even asked my doctor this morning what he thought about me doing the challenge and he told me to go for it! ( I just happened to have an allergy shot appointment this morning.)

Over all I am very healthy, just over weight. My blood pressure and tests are great, but my family line does have medical conditions that are a concern.

 I have been feeling pretty sluggish lately and had already decided I needed to get my booty back into gear. So when Clare posted that she was doing another challenge I was very ecstatic.

The challenge consists of 3 parts:

Spiritual- She gives us a memory verse aka Soul Food each week

Physical- Workout 4x a week 

Accountable- You can have a friend/family member that holds you accountable or you can find a Group to join (there are two on Facebook) and last but not least she does a roll call each Monday for you to check in on.

If you are the slightest bit interested in the challenge you should join, you never know what God has planned for you!!

If you need an accountability partner I am more then happy to help!
You can do this!!! 
We all can!! 
Today's soul food is:
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Ecclesiastes 4:12
I also did my Physical requirement for the day with 2 videos from Fitness Blender. I did a full body stretch and a yoga video, each were just over 15 mins a piece.


 Don't forget to check out Peak 313 and the information Week 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment