Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Already!!

Wow where has this year gone? I honestly can not believe that we are in September, I am so not ready for fall. The past month went by really fast and I am so behind in my fall prep. I am hoping to get a jump on them this week. Biggest job right now is cleaning out the kids closets. I have noticed that all the kids have had major growth spurts and now have out grown last springs wardrobe. Normally we have quite the score at or local thrift store but the last few time I have gone in there was nothing in my munchkins sizes. 
I need to sort and donate all the stuff we no longer need and try to see what I might have stashed for this fall. I am so not the organized type but I try so wish me luck as I enter a very scary zone since the first room up is the girls......the two of them have trashed their closet in the last couple weeks since our rain has made it nice and cool, I guess that's taken in their young girl minds to mean dig into everything because they are cold.

On top of that we are having our first week off of school (started today) and it will be spent with quite a bit of it harvesting the remaining potatoes and majority of the onions from my mother in laws field since it is getting closer to freezing time. My husband is planning on taking a truck load of onions to friends and family when he goes to work next week.

For a fun part of their week the kids also requested that they get to have target practice with their .22 rifle and their bow. 

All of that is on top of our bi-weekly food bank volunteering which is this afternoon. 

 I look forward to sharing pictures!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment