Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 2 Down onto Week 3

Well this challenge is definitely just that a challenge.

First challenge for Week 2 was food, we didn't get to go shopping for fresh fruit or veggies so I had to get creative with our snacks. Normally we would munch on them between meals but since I was out I had to make up different things. Best one was baked corn tortillas, the kids love using them as chips (I was out of real chips too).

I also have added a part to my own personal challenge: Drinking enough water!!!

I know I don't drink enough water, I don't like water. Never really have, I would much rather a nice glass of tea, soda or juice. All with sugar in them so I am trying to not go those routes.

I have a water bottle that I carry with me everywhere since I always try to drink water and this week I have made the commitment to drinking 3 of them full each day. That will be a total of 96oz a day, so far I am a short each day but getting closer and closer to hitting my goal.

As for Claire requirements:
Workouts-
Monday-Fitness Blender with my kids and 2 stretching workouts after theirs
Tuesday- Hip Hop Abs from Beachbody (a fellow challenge member was doing them and encouraged me to dust off my discs and put them to use)
Wednesday- Another HHA session and it felt good!!
Thursday- HHA ab workout session
Friday- Cleaning the house but not much else because I pulled something in my left lower back.
Saturday- I walked around our field and tried to help friends harvest onions. Back was still hurting too much.
Sunday- Felt much better so I did 3 Fitness Blender stretching videos.

As you can see the Second challenge was not giving up when I hurt my back on Friday. I went to my support and asked for prayers.
Verse-Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own.
Matthew 6:34

This verse is hard for me because I am constantly trying to prepare for days ahead, I don't like to not be in control or at least ready for what each day brings especially with homeschooling four children. I also like to have a list of jobs to do when my husband is home so I feel that we use our time wisely.


Like I said this verse is a personal struggle for me, one I am still working on.
Accountability-I check in with my group every few days, sometimes daily if I have the time. I try to post every evening when I have complete my workout.

Over all I am thoroughly enjoying this challenge and I am loving the changes I can see in myself already.

On to Week 3!!!
I can't wait to see what it has in store for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment